Sunday, March 23, 2014

Pumpkin Cookies-My favorite ride fuel!

The ingredients I use: Almond flour, almond butter, pumpkin (in BPA free can), Lily's chocolate chips, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking soda, and sometimes vanilla

I am the first to admit that I am not so good at following recipes, but here is the 'recipe' for my favorite ride fuel:
-1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (make sure comes from BPA free can)
-1/2 cup almond butter
-1/2 cup honey
-1 tsp vanilla
-1 cup almond flour
-1tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1/4 tsp baking soda
-1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
-1/2 walnuts

Now here is what I do:
-1/2 can/container of pureed pumpkin
-1/2 cup almond butter
-no honey
-1 tsp vanilla
-almond flour to a consistency I like
-cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger to taste (a lot)
-sprinkle of baking soda
-dark chocolate chips to taste (my current favorite brand is Lily's)
-walnuts to taste

Yummy ride food!

Preheat oven to 350 and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.  Combine we ingredients together then add dry ingredients and mix.  Scoop batter to whatever size preferred and flatten out to desired thickness as these cookies do not spread.  Bake ~15 minutes.  Total prep time: 5 minutes, cook time~15 minutes.


 Ride and Eat or Eat and Ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment